1. Use CityMapper to find your way – and make sure you have international data enabled on your phone before you go!
2. Walk or take the Metro rather than using cabs – the major tourist hotspots are almost all within walking distance of each other or just a stop or two on the underground.
3. Knowing at least a little French helps – in particular when it comes to reading the menus in restaurants.
4. Enjoy the love lock bridges – but don’t add you’re own. The weight of the current ones is causing damage to the bridges, any more and they could collapse 🙁
5. Free entry to most museums on the 1st Sunday of the month – if museums are your thing this can save you a bunch of money. Otherwise look at investing in a Museum Pass.
6. Be aware of the tourist scams – particularly around tourist areas.
Do you have any tips to add for first time visitors?