1. Research the museums you want to visit beforehand. Many have free or pay what you wish days/nights which can save you money.
2. Don’t forget to tip! Tipping is very much expected in America and 15-20% is customary.
3. Check out the TKTS booth (under the red steps in Times Square). One of the best things to do in NYC is see a show on Broadway, TKTS offer the best value for money for shows booked on the same day as the performance.
4. Take the Staten Island Ferry for a free magnificent view of the city in all of its glory.
5. Visit Central Park or walk The Highline, both are amazing to explore!
6. Wear comfortable shoes. New York is built for walking and is the best way to see the city.
7. If you do have to take transport use the subway rather than cabs. Cabs are expensive and prone to getting stuck in traffic.
8. Look up! Honestly, you miss so much of the city looking straight in front of you.
Do you have any tips to add for first time visitors?